1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

[VR-Ride] holoride

Dieses Thema im Forum "Arcade Spiele" wurde erstellt von TiGer99, 7. Januar 2019.

1. Schönes Hands-On von Engadget.

Marcus, axacuatl und Odyssey_Plus_Man gefällt das.
  2. Es wurde ja schon oft nach der Zeitschiene für das Ganze gefragt. Hier kam dafür ne Aussage: voraussichtlich im Sommer 2022 soll es für Konsumenten verfügbar sein ;) (aktuell wird jedoch nur mit Porsche, Audi, Mercedes und Ford kooperiert)

axacuatl und SolKutTeR gefällt das.
  3. Ihr seht ja, es geht stetig voran (Ortsunabhängige Experiences funktionieren, SDK & Creator Space verfügbar, Dev Kit ab Herbst) - also nur Geduld - es lohnt sich! ;)

axacuatl, SolKutTeR und Odyssey_Plus_Man gefällt das.
  4. Interessanter Beitrag von der diesjährigen GDC 2021 bezüglich der Elastic Content Umgebung.

axacuatl gefällt das.
  5. Hoch interessantes The Ghost Howl/Skarredghost Interview mit unserem @Marcus. (y)

[​IMG]
    Holoride details its in-car VR entertainment system and the opportunities for content creators [Exclusive]
    I’ve had the immense pleasure of interviewing Marcus Kuehne from Holoride, one of the most interesting and original XR startups out there: they provide in-car entertainment via VR headsets, with the VR content that has the movements synchronized with the actual movements of the car. I’m following Holoride since when it has been one of the most popular XR companies at CES 2019, and I have even had the pleasure of trying its product at AWE USA some weeks ago. That’s why I wanted so much to speak with people from the company to ask them more details about the company, its vision, its stance of safety, and the opportunity for us developers in creating products for their platform.

This exclusive interview contains all of this, and through it, you can discover almost everything you need to know about Holoride. The first part of the interview is about the company and the product, while the second half is full of questions about developing content for its platform: if you are a content creator, you would find the second part incredibly interesting, while if you are not, probably you can skip reading some of these questions. The interview is quite long, but I’m very proud of it because it’s incredibly full of information, so I suggest you read it all! Weiterlesen →

Folgende Fragen wurden behandelt:
    • Hello Marcus, it’s great to speak with you today. Can you introduce yourself to my readers?
    • Let’s talk about holoride. What is it? Can you describe it?
    • How was this company born?
    • What is the feature of holoride you are the proudest of and which is the one your test users are excited the most about?
    • Let’s get technical. How does this synchronization between the car movements and the headset movements work? How is it performed? How do the various pieces of hardware communicate?
    • Is it true that your technology removes motion sickness in VR? And can it also reduce car sickness in the passengers that are sensitive to it? Do you have data to prove your claims?
    • What cars are currently compatible with holoride? And which ones will be in the short-term future?
    • Where can we try your solution at the moment?
    • You were the most interesting XR startup at CES 2019, but after that, you mostly worked behind the curtains. Why have you decided to take a step back on a visibility standpoint? And what have you accomplished in these two years?
    • When I shared the latest news about your company on Linkedin, I read many enthusiastic comments, but also some serious concerns about the safety of the users. For instance, if passengers move too much, they can distract the driver. What’s your stance about safety? What are you doing to guarantee the safety of your users?
    • What do you answer to people that say that your solution may make the passengers isolate themselves and not interact with the other people in the car anymore?
    • I think that what you’re building will be amazing with the future self-driving cars, where people will have to entertain themselves when they are traveling. What do you think about it?
    • A while ago you announced a partnership with Pico and Unity. Can you tell us more about it?
    • Are you going to work exclusively with Pico or are you also thinking about other VR headsets? And what about AR ones?
    • Being a developer, I’m very interested in the news about you releasing your Elastic SDK soon. I subscribed on day 1. Give me some anticipation: how will your SDK be? What will its features be?
    • How can we develop, debug, and test the applications I develop with your SDK? What is the workflow that we should follow to create holoride-compatible experiences? Should we buy a new Audi to test our apps? Or do you gift one to us?
    • And from a game design standpoint, what are your guidelines on how to design a solid experience that should be reactive to the movements of the car, without you knowing a priori what the path will be?
    • Developers can join your “Creators Space”. What is it? What does it offer?
    • What studios are collaborating with you now?
    • What kind of experiences are you looking for at the moment? Do you want mostly games, or are you open to every kind of experience the community can come up with?
    • As a developer, I love what you’re doing… but it is also true that we indie devs have always limited resources to develop new experiences. Why do you think a little or big development studio should join your creator program?
    • How are you going to help the developers that are joining your program?
    • I’ve read that there will be a dedicated store for the experiences made for Holoride. Can you tell us more about it?
    • Last technical question. Your blog post talks about “blockchain” that is somewhat used together with your solution. What’s the role of the blockchain here? Does this come from the recent NFT hype?
    • There’s a lot of talking lately about “the metaverse”. How do you envision your company in the future metaverse in 10 years?
    • If you could ask one thing to the XR community to help your company, what would it be?
    • Can you share some lessons that you’ve learned these years that may help other people in the communities that want to do your same job in the future?
    Weiterlesen →

axacuatl und Marcus gefällt das.
  6. Kurz und informativ zusammengefasst von dem Lead Software Engineer, bezüglich Elastic Content.

7. Interessante Diskussionsrunde von der diesjährigen SXSW 2022.

8. Am 29. Juni um 23Uhr gibt es einen entsprechenden Talk, vielleicht erfährt man ja etwas über zukünftige Projekte. :notworthy:

9. Die nächste Phase beginnt mit Cloudbreaker dem ersten exklusiven Holoride Content.
    Mit der Unterstützung von Schell Games (z.B. Among US VR, I Expect You to Die uvm.)

Auf der AWE 2021 gab es damals sogar erstes Gameplay zu sehen:
    (Erinnert etwas an die Panzer Dragoon Serie.)

[​IMG]

Rocco gefällt das.
  10. Schön zu sehen wie das ganze vorankommt, @Marcus kannst Du uns etwas zu den weiteren Plänen verraten?