1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies. Weitere Informationen

Hugo Barra neuer Oculus VR Chef...

Dieses Thema im Forum "VR Branche & Business" wurde erstellt von Hammerschaedel, 26. Januar 2017.

1. ...und weiter geht das Personal Karussell ...

Marc Zuckerberg:

I'm excited that Hugo Barra is joining Facebook to lead all of our virtual reality efforts, including our Oculus team. Hugo's in China right now, so here we are together in VR. It seems fitting.

I've known Hugo for a long time, starting when he helped develop the Android operating system, to the last few years he's worked at Xiaomi in Beijing bringing innovative devices to millions of people.

Hugo shares my belief that virtual and augmented reality will be the next major computing platform. They'll enable us to experience completely new things and be more creative than ever before. Hugo is going to help build that future, and I'm looking forward to having him on our team.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103456684278791

Brendan Iribe

I'm thrilled to welcome Hugo Barra to the team and look forward to partnering as we pioneer the future of VR. Hugo's experience and product acumen, from his deep background in mobile and launching Android to leading Xiaomi's global product expansion, make him a perfect fit for Oculus. We've had a great time discussing the strategy, roadmap and plans. I'm honored and inspired to have Hugo on board, and can't wait to get started.

https://www.facebook.com/brendaniribe?ref=ts&fref=ts

2. Was in dem Zusammenhang auch noch erwähnt wird, ist dass Hugo Barra nihct CEO von Oculus wird - weil es keinen CEO mehr geben wird, da sie nicht mehr als eigenständige Firma sondern als integrierter Teil von Facebook angesehen werden. Was konsequent ist, wenn Facebook es ernst meinen mit ihrer Vision, dass VR & AR die neue Computing Platform wird. Dann werden die Aktivitäten von Oculus ein grundlegender Anteil des Facebook Ökosystems (oder anders ausgedrückt, ihres Angebotes an den Kunden) werden.